pbh4
3.25.2007
  Security?
Yet another reminder of how fragile life is and how anything can occur in the blink of an eye. This last week was pretty full of activities and so many things. Let me go just to the weekend. Friday I went to Bernie and Jamie's wedding reception. It's always good to see everyone and participate in all the activities. Unfortunately for me, as the evening went on, I heard some boys playing basketball outside. So Shelton and I went over and starting playing with them. I proceeded to turn my ankle and get a nice fat bruised ankle. This plays in for the following day.

On Saturday Kevin turned the big 3-0 and the plan was to get in both skiing and wakeboarding in the same day (a-la California and in celebration of the 30th). Kev called me in the morning and I decided to opt out of heading up to Tahoe mainly due to the fact that my ankle was about twice as big and it was throbbing like there was no tomorrow (not to mention the fact that I think I had just crawled into bed following the reception). I told kev I'd get the boat ready to go and fueled up ready for the return. So I headed out on the river and hung out in the sun for a while. =) We wakeboarded in the chilly Sacramento River waters and planned to go out to grab a bite to eat just as the sun was going down. Kev and I dropped everyone off at Chevy's on the River and took the boat back to the Marina. We drove over and met everyone for some food. When we finished up we went back to the cars and I heard Shelton say -- 'Someone broke into my car'. The initial reaction is like really?! No way...! So we went over and checked it out. Yep, someone smashed the rear passenger window and threw some objects down the levee. Then a couple seconds later kev says the same thing -- 'Someone broke into mine too'. Yep, as we proceeded to look down the row of cars we could see that there were at least two others where there was glass on the ground -- not cool, what dorks.

From what we could make out this looked like a quick hit and run. There was not a lot of stuff missing, just a couple things. Kev lost the company gas card and from Sheltons car, my backpack was taken, in it camera, ipod, and wetsuit. That sucks!!

I always try to be aware of stuff like that and leaving things in the car, but sometimes this crap happens. Serious bummer, and it just takes a little bit of any sense of security that we may think we have. Anyway thought I'd share some of the story here with you as a reminder...

Labels:

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
random thoughts, pictures, lists, from my head, nothing more necessarily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: sacramento, California, United States

currently living in sac, ca. working for water resources. went to ucd in civil, grew up in turlock, ca. there is a lot to say about me, i am constantly redefining myself everyday. i think the things i do define who i am on a certain level. although the more i communicate and interact with others the more i find out about myself. i can be completely happy without interaction with people though. when i run, when i bike, i am completely in my own thoughts, sometimes i just pay attention to my surroundings, other times, my mind is going a million miles a minute. sometimes i have such a big picture perspective, other times i will really focus on something specific. i'll keep living, learning, experiencing...

pbh4 Quick Hits

ARCHIVES
August 2001 / June 2003 / July 2003 / November 2003 / May 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / May 2008 / October 2009 / November 2009 / January 2010 /


Enter your email address below to get notified of new posts to pbh4!


powered by Bloglet

Powered by Blogger